This website has been restored using archived content and does not claim any rights to this content. This is not the official website of Watts House Project.
In late 2011, WHP received a grant from ArtPlace and the Graham Foundation to rehabilitate the Platform so that it could be put into productive use for the community. The Platform, known as WHP’s headquarters and community hub, is undergoing a transformation to rebuild this 100-year-old property from a blight to a space where creativity, art, and community can come together. There are three structures located on the property. The largest structure was built in 1912 and was one of the first homes in Watts. Architect John Umbanhowar of HughesUmbanhowar created the new designs for the homes. Victor Jones came on board in 2010 to design the new front fence fascade (completed in 2011). As we wrap-up the first stage of the project (rehabilitating the back house), we will keep you abreast of the improvements on this website and on Facebook, Twitter, and our e-newsletters. Although there are many ideas for the use of the Platform, it will continue to be a space where the creative process will be inclusive of the entire community.
©2021 Watts House Project